Hi friends! Welcome to Caroline Sears Home! I am so glad you stumbled on my website today. While you‘re here, I want to introduce myself to you, tell you why I started Caroline Sears home, and give you a sneak peak to what I‘ve been working on.
I love DIY projects. I am constantly dreaming up a new ideas to add to our home. I am always looking to create something beautiful and fun on a budget, and DIY projects are the perfect opportunity for me to do that.
My husband and I got into DIY projects after we moved into our first house. Soon after moving in, we had to shell out some big bucks on projects we were not anticipating like a new HVAC system ($$$), so all the other projects we were planning had to be done on a budget and using our own manpower. After our first DIY project, I was hooked! We have since moved to a different house, but we have renovated that house ourselves using the DIY skills from our first house.
If you want to know more about me, here is a crash course on all things Caroline Sears:
1. I have been married to my husband, Matt, since 2016. He is the muscle behind our renovations and supports all my fun ideas.
2. I do not have any formal education in renovation or design. I did my undergrad at The University of Texas at Austin, and my masters at Syracuse University.
3. I believe that blue is a neutral. You will find that color in every room of my home. I think it is so versatile.
4. On the weekends, you can find me tearing up the local karaoke stage. In another life, I was Reba McIntyre.
5. We have three puppers that I think are the cutest thing on the planet: Remmy, Gunner, and Trooper.
6. I am a nerd at heart. I love all things technology and data. I spend a good chunk of my free time researching and reading about it in my free time.
7. I am a true crime junkie. I spend hours listening to true crime podcasts while I am renovating my home and working on DIY projects. If you are looking for some recommendations for podcasts, I can hook you up.
8. I was born and raised in Dallas, TX. I love the city I live in and want to do my part to help renovate homes in the city.
9. Red wine is my drink of choice followed closely by a frozen margarita. Mambo taxis anyone?
10. I’ve watched The Office and Parks and Rec from start to finish at least 5 times. I am a firm believer in Treat Yo Self days.